The future is focused on innovation, on optimizing a number of processes and reducing manual labor. Are you familiar with the emerging solution for delivery of packages to a parcel terminal? These are smart lockers that can literally make everyone’s life easier.
They allow easy self-service and fewer delivery costs. Despite their early success, however, many residents and property managers still do not know about them and their function. Therefore, we will introduce you to their main features, technology and mode of operation.
Parcel terminals – the technological solution for locking parcels
The parcel technology for locking is not something new on the market, but it is increasingly entering in response to the difficulty in servicing e-commerce. This type of method is extremely convenient for a number of participations in the chain, in fact for all.
- Retailers have the opportunity to increase sales with better delivery service
- Carriers save time, cost and effort in terms of multiple deliveries
- Consumers get more convenience and lower risk when ordering goods
- Finally, the benefits of technology are also for the environment – fewer miles are traveled.
These types of devices are a real miracle nowadays. Not all electronic lockers are the same. On the contrary, there are many different projections, which means more satisfied people. In this way, any trader can provide an option for delivery to the parcel terminal, because he knows that the goods can be stored properly.
Customer service is via an intuitive display, and couriers open a cell to deliver shipments (access only). The system is extremely precisely designed – although it is fully automated, for self-service purposes, it is also equipped with protection mechanisms. The material is very strong and resistant to various acts of vandalism and attempted theft.
In addition, it has video surveillance cameras that record every step of the actors. There is no limit to the location of this innovative technology – they are applicable to almost any area (shopping malls, on the street, in residential buildings, supermarkets, gas stations, schools, hospitals, etc.)
What you should look for in parcel terminals in terms of technologies?
Nowadays, technology is an inevitable part of our lives. However, good projections must meet certain conditions. In this case, when choosing a parcel terminal, the following is important:
- The quality of the system – this is probably the most important factor. The system is required to be robust enough to be secure and the software to have built-in security functionality. As in this case, as with any other system, it must work as efficiently as possible – easily and with minimal maintenance requirements.
- The mechanical construction of the lockers – the door handles and the doors themselves, their hinges, etc.
- Remote 24/7 maintenance – although these designs require almost no maintenance, you still need to rely on someone if the system does not work. Remote maintenance will ensure you remove any small bugs in no time.
- Safety and protection in parcel terminals – all participants in the “transaction” of deliveries must be well enough convinced and sure that each shipment is in a safe place. Parcel terminals do just that, but still be careful when ordering them and ask for every important detail. It is important for the software to collect a large enough amount of information about the data from the cameras, for placing and taking the packets, etc.
- Easy and simple mechanisms to use – in addition to the convenience of picking up shipments 24/7, this type of technology is extremely easy to manage. The intuitive display shows you the steps, and the user just has to follow them. The whole procedure takes about a minute or two. In addition, systems must have the option to pay on the spot.
6 interesting facts about parcel lockers
There are many curious facts about parcel lockers, but we have selected six of the most significant ones. ParcelHive creates many innovative technologies that it implements in each product. Here’s what we’d like to focus on:
A high-tech solution idea
The parquet cabinets can be very different. Probably some would compare them to lockers at school or in the gym, where you can lock your belongings in a safe place. Well, you’re not right at all. The technology of the parcel terminals is completely different.
Innovative parcel delivery technologies combine modern hardware and software technologies. In this way they allow unobstructed control – for placing and taking packages. In fact, the procedure for their use is very easy and fast – another fact that makes them stand out. The technology is made in order to save maximum time and non-commitment of consumers to pick up their parcel.
Couriers interact with lockers via portable devices to mark the code and appropriate size of the shipment. Users then receive a signal (email or SMS) that the shipment is waiting for them at the terminal specified by them. They have the right to receive at a time that is convenient for them. There is no greater convenience than this.
They work well indoors and outdoors
In the beginning, the first projections of the cabinets were much more demanding in terms of their installation. There was a requirement to be indoors. However, this was small problem eliminates the possibility of 24/7 service.
Subsequently, technology has improved. Stronger and more stable terminals have appeared, with different sizes and temperature regimes that allow them to be installed anywhere. Even outdoors, shipments are just as well protected as when installed in large stores, hospitals, universities and more.
Today, any user can place an order for a parcel terminal without worrying about the location where they will place it. Fortunately for everyone, there are options for interior and exterior layout.
Packages are a great opportunity to report to property managers.
The innovative lockers that are being designed today are extremely sophisticated. What does this mean in this case? They can track and report data very successfully. This, in turn, is valuable information for property managers. In this way, their manual labor is significantly reduced, which leads to optimization of work and costs. The systems work with leading property management software packages (such as MRI, Entrata and Yardi Systems).
Residents increasingly understand their need
Property managers are the ones who have “opened the eyes” of the communities for which they are responsible. Package management is one of the most difficult processes and therefore the best alternative are parcel terminals. Residents, on the other hand, are extremely enthusiastic about this great step in facilitating the delivery process.
The fact is that various surveys show that residents appreciate and show great satisfaction with this service. They even point out that they never imagined that such technology could be so useful, but they would not replace it. Therefore – install at will.
Participate actively in retaining and attracting new residents to an area
Property owners or managers, by providing convenient package lockers, can significantly increase the satisfaction of their community, but also make them think if they want to relocate. This positive influence is noticed by everyone.
In addition to what has been said so far, lockers can also be used to attract new residents. They are a potential “fishing rod” for easy property sales or rentals.
Smart lockers really turn the downside of parcel delivery into a positive. This significantly improves the service and delights the residents. Be sure to familiarize yourself with the terms of this emerging solution to have an edge over others. Improve your business and make life easier for your residents!
Parcel terminals are literally the best solution – functionality and convenience
We live in a developing world and as such we can not ignore the growth of online shopping. Today, literally, everything can be obtained through the Internet – food, baby food and accessories, household goods, personal hygiene, detergents, clothes, shoes, etc. It can be equipped from-to – with just one click.
To help this whole process, in order to continue so easily, you need to consider a more optimal delivery – fast, easy and cheap. Parcel terminals are the technology you need. They are suitable for storing any goods for several days. Even the most obsolete goods can be preserved until the consumer picks them up. These include not only food and beverages, but also flowers, medicines, cosmetics and more.
In addition to the above valuable facts about parcel terminals, we should not miss their role in emergencies, as is currently the case. COVID-19 is a prerequisite for stopping life in almost all countries, with the only alternative being online deliveries. Right now, there are several other benefits of locking cells:
- Security and a safe community experience.
- Receiving parcels without the need for contact with couriers, employees in courier offices, etc. – you are completely protected, and at the same time you can get all the necessary products very easily.
- Easy observance of the measures for social distancing – so you will be calm that you protect yourself and your relatives by reducing your contacts to a minimum.
Whether you need a parcel terminal for your business, community, personal use, etc., the most important thing is to consider your decision. There is no better place than ParcelHive. We will offer you the best construction according to your needs. Through our technologies we aim to provide a better experience for your customers. Over the years we have created many innovative and useful terminals that are extremely effective for business, consumers and courier companies.