2022 is the year that envisages an even greater rise in the field of online commerce. Hence even better quality, timely and cheap delivery, which retailers must provide. If you are looking for an effective solution to this problem, then continue reading to get acquainted with parcel terminals or to deepen your knowledge of their potential.
Market overview of automated parcel delivery terminals 2022
The global market for automated delivery cabinets is growing, with statistics showing data of 12% for the period 2019-2024. These systems, as solutions, appeared very early and proved their irreplaceable benefits.
Here’s how we look in more detail at e-commerce and its connection to parcel terminals:
- Parcel lockers respond to help in one of the most challenging parts of delivery, namely the last mile. It accounts for approximately 50% of the total delivery.
- The high demand for online shopping, as well as the need for governments to develop a logistics system to meet consumers, is associated with high costs. Parcel terminals adequately meet the needs of market growth.
- Not only standard parcel terminals are being sought, but also those with a refrigerator or freezer compartment. There is a wide variety of terminals to ensure storage of all kinds of items without spoiling.
- Lockable lockers are widely used. They are used not only for storage of goods of various kinds, but also for postal and financial transactions.
- Increasing cross-border e-commerce is also important for technology.
- The high demand for goods online from consumers requires timely, fast and cheap delivery. An automated system improves the user experience by improving delivery. Some postal companies can significantly reduce their operating costs if they use such lockers.
- Companies optimize the delivery process because they use the nearest terminal possible. The moment of redistribution and longer transportation of the goods is avoided, which in turn ensures cheap and faster delivery.
What are the most important factors in the market of automated parcel delivery terminals?
The growth of the market depends on some key factors, the most important of which are:
The growing need for the Internet and the well-developed e-business
Can you imagine that e-commerce orders are growing by as much as 20% annually? This is an industry that more and more people and traders are turning to, who have operated mainly in the physical market. This industry provides more direct contact between manufacturers or retailers to end customers. Service is more automated and faster. Parcel delivery terminals play a very key role in the penetration of the deep internet all over the world. They provide the delivery that all participants in a deal need – fast, secure and cheap.
Impact of Covid-19 on the market for automatic parcel delivery terminals
The Covid-19 pandemic has completely changed the work of businesses and people’s lives. Despite all the stress that is constantly experienced, reliable solutions must be sought. However, this is difficult against the background of a disrupted supply chain against the background of blocking between countries. Despite the good system of parcel terminals, some deliveries remained impossible.
Locations that are more susceptible to package theft
The most classic location of terminals is according to the place of installation, namely internal and external. Although designed to be maximally protected from theft, there is no denying that outsiders are more susceptible to such acts of vandalism. Internally installed (in office buildings, commercial sites, residential buildings, etc.) have additional internal security.
Economic growth in well-developed countries
Singapore, Australia and Japan are among the countries contributing to the growth of the European market. Parcel terminals dominate in Europe. However, India, China and Africa are another opportunity for market growth. They also have a growing demand and need for parcel terminals. Many other economies are likely to be involved in the future.
Key market segments for parcel terminals
The automatic parcel delivery system is key for many different sectors and markets. That is why it is constantly evolving and offers a wide variety of designs, temperature regimes, cell size, etc.
To better navigate, here are the key market segments:
By type of deployment:
- Indoor terminal
- External terminal
By end user:
- Shipping and logistics
- Government organization
- Other (large enterprises and educational institutions)
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
Despite these locations, Europe has the largest share of manufacturers, terminals and terminals. world base. That is why the parcel terminals have been operating for a long time, and the aim is to constantly increase. Germany is the country with the best positions on the European market for parcel lockers.
The Asia-Pacific region has the smallest share at the moment, but we are working on growth in the future.
In conclusion, the three countries, Germany, the United States and China, together account for more than a third of the world market, and another three, Germany, the United Kingdom and France, are the leaders in the region with the largest volume of parcels.
At the beginning of the competition in this niche was small, but today there are many companies around the world that offer parcel terminals. More established brands offer service in many regions and countries. Some of the best on the market are Keba AG, Cleveron AS, Neopost group, Bell and Howell. In the beginning, the partnership between different companies is stronger, but it is increasingly noticeable that different countries (postal operators, retailers and logistics companies) are moving towards building their own networks of parcel terminals.
Nevertheless, the overall picture is towards building partnerships between terminal providers and retailers. They depend on each other to offer a better user experience.